QuickBooks accounting software keeps track of your company’s information. However, there may be times when you want to completely erase your QuickBooks data and start over. If you are in this kind of situation, this guide will help you understand the simplest way to delete your QuickBooks and start over!
Is it Possible to Delete an Account on Quickbooks?
Before you start deleting data to form a new company in QuickBooks, keep in mind that this is a non-reversible process. As a result, you must create a backup of your key documents, files, or company data and store them on your desktop.
You can continue following this guide if you’ve decided to start anew in QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop.
How to Delete An Account on Quickbooks Online
If you’re using QuickBooks Online Plus, Essentials, or Advanced, and your data is less than 60 days, you can cleanse your account. You won’t be able to restore or reverse the system’s deletion of all data entered into the company.
Before starting anew in QuickBooks Online, find out how long the QuickBooks account has been active since the signup. Depending on whether the account is 60 days old or not, you can reset it and start afresh. We’ll go over both possible situations below so you can remove QuickBooks data and start over.
Follow the steps outlined below to remove the data:
- Go to your QuickBooks Online account and sign in.
- Change the URL to include /purgecompany.
- Change the URL to https://…qbo.intuit.com/app/purgecompany instead of https://…qbo.intuit.com/app/homepage.
- The following screen will show a summary of the objects that will be erased.
- Once the data has been removed, type the word “YES” and then click OK.
- Once you’ve made all of your choices, click Wipe Data.
- You will be redirected to your home page once the deletion is complete.
You must terminate your account and start a new subscription if it is more than 60 days old.
How to Delete an old Quickbooks Online Account and Start Over
To deactivate your account, follow these steps:
- Select Account and Settings under Your Company from the Gear icon.
- Select the Subscriptions and Billing tab.
- Select Cancel from the QuickBooks section.
- To cancel your account, follow the instructions below. If you use payroll, you should close your account as well.
To create a new account, follow these steps:
- Go to https://quickbooks.intuit.com/choose-country/ to select your nation.
- Complete the User ID and password fields.
- You can log in with the same user ID and password as before. This is the best option for you if you have payroll enabled in your account.
How to Delete only One of your QuickBooks accounts
Open the company file and go to the Chart of Accounts to delete an account in QuickBooks. Find and highlight the account you wish to delete. Then select Edit > Delete from the drop-down menu. You’ll get a notice asking if you’re sure you want to delete your account. To confirm, click Yes.
How to Delete Several Accounts in Quickbooks
- You can delete numerous Accounts in QuickBooks by following these steps:
- Go to the Lists menu in QuickBooks.
- Select the Chart of Accounts option.
- Select the Accounts you want to delete from the left-hand column.
- On your keyboard, press the Delete key.
- You’ll see a message asking whether you’re sure you want to delete these Accounts.
How to Delete A Company on Quickbooks Windows
Let’s say you are using Quickbooks offline version on your Windows computer, popularly known as Quickbook Windows, how do you delete a company file? (Pro, Premier, Enterprise)
In QuickBooks Windows Pro, Premier, or Enterprise, eliminating a company is as simple as finding and deleting the file that your company is stored in on your computer. Continue reading if you don’t know where to look for the file:
- Step 1. In QuickBooks, go to the File menu, then Open or Restore Company to open the Company file you wish to remove (if you aren’t already in it).
- Step 2: Make a decision Click Next after opening a company file.
- Step 3: Click Open after selecting the file you wish to remove.
- Step 4. On your keyboard, press the F2 key, and in the new window, look for the part labeled File Information and make a note of it. (The file location is the “path” that connects to the file on your computer where your company is saved.) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\(the name of your file). qbw.)
- Step 5: Shut off QuickBooks: Exit after clicking File.
- Step 6. Open your computer and go to the location you recorded in Step 4 above.
- Step 7: Right-click the data file you want to delete and select Delete. (The file should have the green QuickBooks icon as seen above, but you should also delete any other files with the same name that ends in.) qbw:)
- Step 8: Open QuickBooks again and choose the Edit List option.
- Step 9: On the file that was just erased, check the Hide box. The file should now be removed, and the “No Company Open” window should be hidden.
How to Delete a Company on Quickbooks Mac
Let’s say you are using Quickbooks offline version on your MacBook, how do you delete a company file? (Pro, Premier, Enterprise)?
Removing a company file in QuickBooks Windows versions is as simple as finding it on your computer’s hard drive and deleting it. Continue reading if you don’t know where to look for the file:
- Open the Company file that you wish to remove in QuickBooks (if you are not already in it). Then pick Product Information from the Help option in the top menu bar.
- In the File Location section at the bottom of the new screen, hover over the file path and write it down. (This is the path you’ll use to get to the file you wish to delete.)For example Documents > Intuit > QuickBooks > Company Files > (the name of your file).
- To exit this screen, click the x in the upper left corner.
- Go to the spot on your computer where you recorded the position in Step 2 above.
- To delete a corporate file, right-click it and drag it to the trash can.
- Delete the file or files that have the same company’s disc image as the one you just destroyed. (The.dmg should be at the end of it.) These are copies of the corporate file that have been backed up. Unless you turn off auto-backup in the options, QuickBooks Mac makes a backup copy (image) after each use.
- Your trash bin now contains your deleted file. Empty your trash bin, or open the trash bin to view, and delete this one to permanently remove it from your computer.
To start afresh in Quickbooks, you must cleanse data or delete company data if you wish to start over with QuickBooks. It should be emphasized that once the company data has been removed, it cannot be recovered. Only delete the company files if you are certain you want to start afresh. We’ve taught you how to restart QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop in this article. We hope you received your response.