To delete your Yubo account, follow the procedure below;
- Open the Yubo app and log in with your credentials
- Tap on the profile icon at the top right corner of the screen
- On the new windows, tap the settings icon also at the top right of your screen
- Scroll down and select “Delete my account.“
- Type in “DELETE” as a way to confirm the action
- Select “DELETE MY ACCOUNT.” Your account will be cancelled immediately
Alternatively, you can make use of the Yubo website to delete your account if you no longer have access to the mobile application. However, deleting via the Yubo website is slower and not an instant process like deleting via the mobile app.
You have to submit an account deletion request to get it done on the website. Follow this procedure to delete your Yubo account on the web;
- Go to the Yubo contact page. It is headlined “Submit a request.” Here, you don’t need to log in to your account
- Provide the email address associated with your Yubo account in the correct box
- Although not compulsory, you might also provide your Yubo username or phone number in the designated box
- The next option to fill is “Select who you are.” Simply toggle and select “Yubo user.“
- Next, you have to choose the type of request or issue you have. Here, you select the “I want to delete my account” option
- After that, you will be asked to make a short description of your request. This is compulsory so that you can write a short deletion request there
- When you’re done with that, click the “Submit” button
Why am I still having issues deleting my Yubo account?
If, after following the procedures above, you still find it difficult to delete your Yubo account, then something might be wrong. Yubo may be unable to verify your identity; hence they won’t delete your account, no matter how many requests you send.
However, there is another way to go about it. Although this might be a little stressful and take some time, it is totally worth it as a Yubo team will be assigned to review and ensure the account is deleted if verified. Follow these steps to request deletion if you still face some issues;
Contact Yubo Support
A support team is in place to attend to any of your queries and requests and ensure you are satisfied with their services. Reach out to Yubo Support at (https://support.yubo.live/hc/en-us/requests/new?issue_type=__dc.delete_account_no_access__).
Simply copy the link above and paste it into your browser to reach out to Yubo Support.
Fill in and attach the necessary information
The link will take you to a form where you just have to fill in some of your account details and also attach some things to enable the team to verify your identity quickly. The items you have to attach to the form include;
- A high-quality and colored image of one of the following identity documents: Government-issued Photo ID, Driver’s license, Passport, School ID card, or Birth Certificate.
- A high-quality and colored image of you holding your preferred means of identification next to your face.
- A photo of yourself holding a handwritten note that reads “Yubo Team Support” and the current date. For example, “Yubo Team Support 16/8/22“.
Once you are done with all of that, submit your form, and that is all you need to do. Your submission will be sent to the Yubo team, and once they receive it, a team will be assigned to review it as soon as possible. If, after review, they can confirm your identity, they will go ahead to delete your account for you.
What happens when you delete your Yubo account?
It does not matter the channel you use in requesting an account deletion; once you submit the request, you can not revert it. Although, it could be possible to rewrite the Yubo team to stop the process if they have not started with it. However, this is only possible if you request it on the website.
If you see deleting your Yubo account via the mobile application, you can not reverse the action. It is instant, and you will no longer have access to your Yubo account. Even if you write to Yubo pleasing to get access back to your account, they will not be able to help.
Once you delete your account, you are erasing your profile and every other information off the Yubo database; getting access to it is impossible. However, Yubo might retain some of your personal data for specific legal and security purposes; this is no longer your concern, though.
What do I do if I forget my Yubo password?
It would help if you always kept your password safe and did not share it with anyone. If at any point, you forget your password and need access to your account as soon as possible, then there is a solution for you.
Simply open the Yubo app and go to the Login section. Click on “FORGOT PASSWORD,” just below the “Login” button. When you do that, a password reset link will be sent to your registered Yubo email. Use the link to reset your password.
You can also request a new password if you believe your account has been compromised.
Why is my Yubo account locked?
Sometimes, Yubo might choose to prevent you from gaining access to your account for some reason. For example, if the system detects that your account is fake or created on invalid details, Yubo has the right to lock you out of your account. You can only gain access to your account when you verify your age and identity.
As you can see, deleting a Yubo account is relatively easy if you follow the procedures above. Also, have it in mind that you will not have access back to a reserve that you have already deleted or requested deletion. It would be best if you were sure of it before you carry out an account deletion.