Follow the procedure below to delete GIF history on the Google keyboard;
- Open “Settings” on your phone
- When you get to “Settings,” scroll down a bit and select “Additional Settings.” On some devices, you might find this option as “General management.“
- Tap “Languages & Input“
- On the new window, select “Manage keyboards.” Here, you will see all keyboards present on your phone
- Select Gboard’s settings. This is a Google board
- Go to the bottom of the screen and tap “Advanced.“
- On the new page, scroll down to the bottom and tap “Delete learned words and data.“
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm the action
- To confirm, type the numeric code as displayed and tap “OK” to delete
And that’s it; your GIF will be deleted from your Google board history. However, you will be not only deleting your Gboard’s GIF history alone but also every word the Google keyboard has learned on your phone.
Please have in mind that the procedure above only works to clear GIF history in the Gboard for Android devices. If you want to clear your GIF history in your Gboard for iOS devices, you need to follow a different procedure.
How to clear Gboard history for iOS
To clear Gboard history, which is the saved GIF history for iOS devices, follow the procedure below;
- Open the Gboard app on your iPhone. You need to go to the Settings app on Android devices
- Tap “Keyboard settings.”
- Scroll down to the bottom and select “Clear my recently used GIFs.“
- A pop-up message will appear; select “OK.“
Unlike deleting GIF history on Android Gboard, iOS Gboard allows you to delete learned words and recently used GIFs separately. You don’t need to delete them together with a single button.
This helps a lot, especially when you need to delete just one and not both. You can choose to delete your GIF history and leave your dictionary or delete your dictionary and leave your GIF history untouched.
Can I restore GIFs after deleting them from my Gboard?
Unfortunately, there is no way to recover the GIFs that you have deleted from your Google board history. When you delete them, they automatically leave your keyboard’s history and can not be reaccessed.
However, you can still go to the place where you find GIFs on your keyboard if you need them. You just won’t find any of them in the keyboard’s history or recently used. And that’s it.
How do you delete GIF history on WhatsApp?
If you have recently used GIFs on your WhatsApp and wish to clear them, there is an easy way to go about it. Deleting GIF history on your Gboard will not delete the ones on your WhatsApp; therefore, you have to do it separately.
To delete GIF history on WhatsApp, follow the simple procedure below;
- Open your WhatsApp
- Go to “Settings“
- Navigate to “Data and Storage Usage“
- Select “Storage Usage“
- Here, you will see a list of your contacts as well as the amount of storage your chats have used
- Select the “Contact” or the “Group” whose media you want to delete
- Tap “Manage,” then tick all the items and GIFs you wish to delete
- Tap “Delete.” They will be deleted from your history
If you want to delete the whole GIF history all at once, there is a way to go about it. However, you will lose every data saved on your WhatsApp account by doing so. If you wish to continue, follow the procedure below;
- Instead of opening WhatsApp, simply open the Settings app on your phone
- Go to “Apps” or “Apps Management“
- Then, tap “Manage apps.“
- To see all the apps on your phone, tap the three dots at the top right corner of the screen and click “Show all apps.“
- Locate and select “WhatsApp.“
- Navigate to “Storage“
- On the window, find and select “Clear data.“
- Tap “Clear all data” to delete
Your recently used GIFs will be deleted. However, please keep in mind that you will not only be deleting your GIF history using the method. Every other data on your WhatsApp account will be deleted.
This includes your private messages, group chat messages, videos, photos, stickers, and every other data that will be deleted from WhatsApp. Your account, contacts, and groups will remain untouched.
Instead of mass deleting, you can just follow the procedure I explained earlier to delete the GIFs one after the other. I believe this should help save a lot of valuable data.
How to delete Search History on Gboard
The same procedure for deleting recently used GIFs and learned words applies to deleting search history on Gboard. If there are new words that have been saved on your keyboard, you can clear them if you want no one to see them on your phone.
The Gboard has been programmed to improve user experience. One of the ways of doing this is to record the words you frequently type and bring them up as suggestions when you about typing.
For example, if you use the word “ALLOY” frequently on your Gboard, it will be saved in your dictionary, such that anytime you type the initials, it would bring up the word as a suggestion, even in capital letters.
If you wish to remove a learned word from your Gboard, you might not need to go into the Settings app. All you have to do is type the initials of the word you wish to delete, and when it appears in the suggestion, long press it.
By long pressing, it would bring up an option to delete the learned word from the dictionary; tap delete to confirm. And that is it; that particular word you have misspelled frequently will be deleted from your Gboard.
No matter the type of device you are using, all you have to do is follow the procedure, and you will be able to delete GIF history and other saved data on your Gboard. The only difference is between Android and iOS devices, which are well outlined in the article.