To delete learned words on PS4, follow the simple procedure below;
- On your PS4, go to “Settings.“
- Navigate to “Initialization“
- Select “Clear Learning Dictionary“
The learning dictionary is where the terms you have entered on your PS4 are stored to improve your experience. Instead of typing the same words over and over again, your PS4 can bring suggestions from its learning dictionary.
To save time and effort, you can simply initialize your PS4 instead of clearing the learning dictionary alone. Initialization of your PS4 does not only wipe off system data but also has some consequences on the PS4 in general.
What happens if you initialize PS4?
When you initialize your PS4 system, you are restoring system settings to default values. Any setting that you have saved on the system asides from those that came with it will be erased. In other words, it will be back to factory settings.
Initialization of your PS4 system will delete all data saved on the system storage and delete all users and their data from the system. If you have shared the system with other people, your data, including theirs, will be deleted.
Follow the procedure below to initialize your PS4;
- On your PS4, go to the “Settings” tab
- Navigate to “Initialization“
- Tap “Initialize PS4,” then follow the on-screen prompts
The process of initializing your PS4 might take a few minutes. Also, while you initialize your PS4 system, you will be unable to do other things on it until the whole process is complete.
After initializing your PS4, you can choose to start the game again and make new settings and modifications. The major reason people initialize their PS4 is when they want to sell it or probably give it out.
You might also initialize yours if you wish to start over again. In addition, your PS4 might begin to run slowly if cached data is getting too much. In such a case, it is advisable to initialize the system and lose your progress.
Will Initializing PS4 fix corrupted data?
Initialization of your PS4 will restore the system settings to default by deleting any data that has been saved on the system storage. Therefore, initialization will delete corrupted data IF it is on the system storage.
However, if the corrupted data is in the internal HDD of your PS4, Initialization will not fix it. Instead, you need to take it out carefully and fix it.
Does PS4 save browsing history?
Most search consoles are equipped with the feature to save your browsing history, thereby improving user experience. PS4 is not left out; any web page you visit is automatically saved in the browsing history.
The PS4 will bring up suggestions when you enter the initials of your favorite websites. You can also visit a web page by deleting it from the browsing history list; there is no need to enter the site address in the browser.
To visit a web page without typing the address, simply tap the “OPTIONS” button and select “Browsing History.” This is where you will find the list of all the pages you have visited on your PS4 system browser.
How do you delete messages on PS4?
It is necessary to clear some data on your PS4 from time to time, so the system can function effectively and also run smoothly. Deleting messages on PS4 is quite easy but might seem hard if you have no idea how to go about it.
To delete messages on PS4, follow the simple procedure below;
- Start the Playstation app on your phone. You can install either the iOS or Android version, depending on your operating system
- Log in to your account; if you are not logged in yet
- Go to the “Messages” tab by tapping the icon at the top of the screen
- On the “Messages” page, scroll down and open the chat from which you want to delete a message. It could be that you have sent the message mistakenly and want to reverse the action
- Swipe left on the message you wish to delete
- Tap “Leave” on the dropdown menu
After doing this, the message you selected will be deleted from the Playstation app. If you want to delete multiple messages on different chats, you just have to follow the same procedure.
How to hide messages in PS4
A lot of gamers also delete messages when they do not want others to see them. These messages could contain valuable information, and deleting them could result in loss of data. Why not a better alternative?
Instead of deleting messages on your PS4 for such reasons, you can easily hide the messages, so it is not visible to others who use the system. How do you hide messages on PS4? Let’s find out.
- On your PS4, go to “Privacy Settings.“
- When you get to the page, navigate to “Personal Info/Messaging.“
- Next, select “Messages.“
- Here, you can either set it to “Friends Only” or “No One.“
When it is in “Friends Only,” all your friends on PS4 can see your messages, while “No One” literally allows no one else to see your messages. In other words, only you can view such messages.
How to hide activity on PS4
You can hide your activity on PS4, so other users do not see it. To do this, follow the procedure below;
- On your PS4, go to the home screen
- Navigate to the Settings tab
- Go to “Users and Accounts“
- Next, go to “Privacy.“
- From the menu, select “View and Customize Your Privacy Settings.“
- On the new page, you can hide your games from other players and also select the games you wish to hide
With this guide, you can easily delete learned words and even the entire learning dictionary on your PS4. You can also delete messages on your PS4, hide them or even delete your search history and clear cached data.